Royal Canin Urinary S/O Feline is a complete feed that specially supports the nutrition of cats suffering from a lower urinary tract disease.
Urinary tract disease can lead to urinary stones or uroliths (including struvite and calcium oxalate). Royal Canin Urinary S/O Feline is recommended for adult cats in cases of:
- Struvite uroliths: dissolution and management of recurrence
- Calcium oxalate uroliths: management of recurrence
However, be cautious and do not feed Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Feline in case of:
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Heart disease (when sodium restriction is sought)
- Concurrent use of urine-acidifying medication.
Moreover, do not feed Royal Canin Urinary S/O Feline to growing, pregnant, or lactating cats.
Royal Canin Urinary S/O Feline key benefits:
- Urine dilution: the Royal Canin Urinary formula for cats helps dilute your cat's urine. Therefore, this will make it less liable to form struvite and calcium oxalate stones.
- Struvite dissolution: in case of occurrence of any struvite stones, this formula helps on their dissolution.
- Lower ion concentration: this formula also helps decrease the concentration of ions responsible for crystal formation.
- Protecting the bladder mucosa: the Royal Canin Urinary S/O formula also contains Glycosaminoglycans (GAG). GAGs are a natural part of the bladder mucosa that protect against bacteria and toxins.
Important: Always talk to your vet prior to the administration of Royal Canin Urinary S/O Feline and follow their recommendations.
Rice, wheat gluten**, dehydrated poultry protein, maize flour, animal fats, hydrolyzed animal proteins, maize gluten, minerals, vegetable fibers, fish oil, soya oil, fructooligosaccharides, marigold extract (source of lutein). **L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high digestibility. Vitamin A: 21500 IU, Vitamin D3: 800 IU, E1 (Iron): 37 mg, E2 (Iodine): 3.7 mg, E4 (Copper): 11 mg, E5 (Manganese): 48 mg, E6 (Zinc): 136 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.06 mg, Urine acidifying substances: calcium sulphate (1.25%). Preservatives, Antioxidants.