Sometimes, our loving pets are just like us, and they develop unfortunate health conditions with age. If your dog or cat suffers from chronic renal failure, you need to give them Ipakitine to help control renal function.
Ipakitine is a therapeutic nutritional supplement that supports renal function in the case of chronic renal failure in dogs and cats. It’s a complete and optimized combination of Chitosan and Calcium carbonate. These substances play a role in binding phosphate and therefore assist in controlling hyperphosphatemia (high levels of phosphate in the blood).
Every dog or cat breed can suffer from Chronic Renal Failure - or Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) - at any age, but this health condition is especially common in older pets. By disturbing the phosphate homeostasis, it has negative effects on many biological processes, including energy metabolism, cell signaling, or skeletal health and integrity.
If your pet suffers from CKD, they may display some symptoms that include:
- Drinking too much (polydipsia) and urinating large volumes of urine (polyuria). An increased volume of urine in the bladder may lead to or worsen incontinence, especially at night.
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Lack of appetite and weight loss
- General depression
- Anemia resulting in pale gums and weakness due to a low blood count
- Overall weakness from low blood potassium
Studies have shown the benefits of phosphate reduction in dogs and cats suffering from kidney failure. It’s now widely accepted that there’s a direct link between the length and quality of life of a dog or cat with kidney insufficiency and the phosphate levels they get through their food. As such, Ipakitine acts to reduce phosphorus blood concentration and uremia, resulting in an increase in life expectancy.
Ipakitine key benefits:
- Renal health: Ipakitine contains Chitosan that captures uremic toxins in the intestine, preventing their passage into the blood, and Calcium carbonate that limits phosphorus uptake by capturing phosphates. This double-action mechanism of Ipakitine prevents renal damage from progressing.
- Reduction of cholesterol: Ipakitine for dogs and cats also provides a reduction of the cholesterol levels in the blood and increases the levels of hemoglobin.
- Palatable powder: Ipakitine for cats and dogs is presented as a highly palatable powder, which can be mixed with food, either dry or wet. Additionally, Ipakitine is ideal if your pet won't touch renal food since it mimics the effects of a phosphate-restricted food without actually having to taste it. This is perfect for fussy dogs and cats.
Important: Always consult with your veterinarian before administering Ipakitine to your dog or cat.
Lactose, Calcium carbonate, Chitosan, Soy hydrolysate.
- Mix Ipakitine with your pet’s food or sprinkle on top of it. In the case of dry food, moisten the food so that the Ipakitine powder is well absorbed.
- It’s recommended to administer 1g of Ipakitine (which measures one level scoop) per 5kg of body weight twice a day, for up to 6 months initially.
- Administration can be life-long. Allow free access to fresh water during administration.
- It’s recommended that a check-up is performed every six months.