Douxo Calm Micro-Emulsion Spray 200 ml (Allergies)
DOUXO is the #1 non-prescription topical brand used and recommended by U.S. veterinarians for dogs & cats with allergic dermatitis.
DOUXO Calm Micro-emulsion Spray is for the management of pruritus (itching) and inflammation associated with allergic conditions. This no-rinse formula contains antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal agents, as well as moisturizers to help restore the skin barrier.
The fine mist spray is great for treatment between baths. Micro-emulsion technology helps the product travel over the surface of the skin. Each droplet contains hundreds of nano-size spheres of the skin-healing ingredients to mix with cells on the surface of the skin and travel through the intercellular spaces of the stratum corneum. The active ingredients remain intact in the spheres until they penetrate the skin where they diffuse slowly to help heal and restore the skin barrier.
DOUXO Calm Micro-emulsion Spray also contains Phytosphingosine, a pro-ceramide to help rebuild the natural ceramides in the skin that are critical in helping keep the skin healthy.
DOUXO Calm Shampoo and Calm Micro-emulsion spray protocol has been shown to be just as effective as a shampoo-only protocol in helping reduce the signs of flea-allergic dermatitis (reddened, thick, leathery and excoriated skin), and pruritus (itching) associated with the condition.
DOUXO Calm Shampoo and Calm Micro-Emulsion Spray protocol has been shown to help reduce the signs of atopic dermatitis in dogs by 62.8% within 20 days. It has also been proven to help reduce pruritus (itching) in atopic dermatitis in dogs by 37.6% within 20 days (as reported by pet owners).
- Shake well before use.
- Brush the hair coat against the natural fur line, then spray the product by holding the pump approximately 12 inches from the pet’s body. The product will disperse naturally. Do not over apply.
- Dosage: 1 spray per 10 lbs. of body weight. Dosage may be doubled for long-haired breeds.
Note: Approximately 400 sprays per bottle.
Cautions: For external use on dogs and cats only. Avoid contact with the eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly and consult your veterinarian. If irritation occurs or increases, discontinue use and consult with your veterinarian.
- Phytosphingosine salicyloyl 0.05% (PS): found naturally in the stratum corneum and some skin ceramides. PS applied topically can help restore the skin barrier and has anti-inflammatory properties to help soothe skin irritations.
- Raspberry seed oil: has anti-inflammatory properties, is rich in antioxidants and has vitamin E to help moisturize the skin.
- Hinokitiol (conifer oil): has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties.
- Fragrance-free for very sensitive skins.
DOUXO products do not contain paraben.