Royal Canin Renal Select Feline
Unfortunately, with age, many cats may suffer from renal complications. Royal Canin Renal Select Feline is a complete feed that supports healthy kidney function.
Urinary tract disease can lead to urinary stones or uroliths (including struvite and calcium oxalate). Royal Canin Renal Select Feline is recommended for:
- Adult cats suffering from azotaemic chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Adult cats suffering from chronic kidney disease with proteinuria
- Management of calcium oxalate urolith recurrence in cats with impaired renal function
- Prevention of recurrence of urolithiasis requiring urine alkalinization (urate and cystine uroliths)
Royal Canin Renal Select Feline key benefits:
- Renal health: Royal Canin Renal Select Feline contains omega-3 fatty acids like Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). They contribute to lower pressure on critical kidney structures and help improve the glomerular filtration rate.
- Low phosphorus levels: during CKD, phosphorus is no longer eliminated effectively by the kidneys. Therefore, a restriction in phosphorus intake is essential to slow down the development of renal diseases.
- High-quality protein content: Increased kidney workload may induce a uremic crisis. The adapted content of high-quality protein of this formula helps reduce kidney workload.
- Metabolic equilibrium: CKD can lead to metabolic acidosis. Formulated with alkalinizing agents, Royal Canin Renal Select Feline will help maintain a healthy acid-base balance in the kidneys.
- Kibble with high energy: Royal Canin Renal cat kibble has its own unique shape, size, texture, and aroma. This will offer optimal palatability, promoting the stimulation of your cat’s appetite, in cases of food aversion, common in cats with CKD. Moreover, the adapted energy content will help reduce meal volume and support a reduced appetite.
Important: Always talk to your vet prior to the administration of Royal Canin Renal Select Feline and follow their recommendations.
Be cautious, and do not feed Royal Canin Renal Select Feline to your growing, pregnant, or lactating cat.
Animal fats, rice, precooked wheat flour, dehydrated pork protein**, wheat flour, wheat gluten**, vegetable fibers, maize gluten, hydrolyzed animal proteins, dehydrated fish, minerals, chicory pulp, fish oil, soya oil, mono- and diglycerides of palmitic and stearic acids esterified with citric acid, psyllium husks and seeds, fructooligosaccharides, marigold extract (source of lutein). Protein sources: dehydrated pork protein**, wheat gluten**, maize gluten, hydrolyzed animal proteins. ** L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high digestibility. Vitamin A: 21000 IU, Vitamin D3: 800 IU, Iron (3b103): 45mg, Iodine (3b201, 3b202): 4.5mg, Copper (3b405, 3b406): 14mg, Manganese (3b502, 3b504): 58mg, Zinc (3b603, 3b605, 3b606): 148mg, Selenium (3b801, 3b811, 3b812): 0.08mg. Technological additives: Clinoptilolite of sedimentary origin: 10g, Preservatives, Antioxidants. ***Values reflect only levels added to the formula, not those naturally occurring in components of the diet.