Douxo Calm Shampoo 200 ml (Allergies)
Like their humans, the skin of dogs and cats can react to anything, harmful or not. Douxo Calm Shampoo helps soothe sensitive skin and maintain dermal health, so your furry friend is more protected than ever.
Douxo Calm Shampoo 200ml is recommended for topical use in dogs and cats to manage pruritus (itching) and inflammation associated with allergic conditions. It is fundamental to treat your pet’s itchy skin as it can profoundly affect their quality of life. Because prolonged itching can lead to wounds, infection, or scarring, it's always best to treat appropriately.
Formulated with unique, innovative ingredients that help relieve irritated skin, Douxo Calm Shampoo is the perfect weapon against atopic skin. Moreover, this formula helps manage irritations, restore the skin barrier function, and control the local flora of your pet’s skin.
Douxo Calm Shampoo is clinically proven to reduce the signs of atopic dermatitis in dogs by 45.3% within 20 days. Furthermore, it is also clinically proven to reduce pruritus in atopic dermatitis in dogs by 51.9% within 20 days (as reported by pet owners).*
*Fantini O. et al., Abstract presented at European Society of Veterinary Dermatology Annual Meeting (2015).
Douxo Calm Shampoo key benefits:
- Protection of the skin barrier: this formula contains Phytosphingosine, a pro-ceramide ingredient that helps rebuild the natural ceramides in the skin. Therefore, it will help restore the protective lipid barrier of the skin, keeping it healthy for a long time. Moreover, Douxo Calm Shampoo also contains a combination of ceramides 1, 3, and 6, cholesterol, and essential fatty acids that also contribute to protecting the natural skin barrier.
- Anti-inflammatory oatmeal: Douxo Calm Shampoo contains highly purified fractions of oatmeal that are rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties. As such, this will contribute to reducing inflammation of your pet's skin.
- Skin hydration: this formula contains Pseudofilaggrin (Saccharomyces cerevisiae extract), which is a glutamine-rich synthetic peptide that increases the ability of the skin to retain water. Thus, it will be particularly crucial to help maintain skin hydration.
- Fun bath time: this calming pet shampoo also makes bath time for dogs and cats more enjoyable. Besides smelling great, the Douxo Calm Shampoo lathers quickly and efficiently, which is great for those fussy pets that don’t enjoy long bathing sessions.
- Sustainable bottle: the bottle of Douxo Calm Shampoo has a 'no-spill' feature to eliminate accidental and unnecessary waste.
- Fragrance- and paraben-free: Douxo Calm Shampoo does not contain artificial fragrance or parabens, which is particularly important for the most sensitive types of skin. Moreover, this anti-inflammatory shampoo has an antihistaminic effect as well.
Quick tip: Douxo Calm Shampoo is usually recommended to use in combination with Douxo Calm Mousse and Micro-Emulsion Spray.
Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Cocoglucoside, and Coconut Alcohol, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Spent Grain Wax, Shea Extract, Argan Oil, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine HCl, Purified Oatmeal Extract, Extract of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae, Polyquaternium 10, Polyquaternium 51, Butylene Glycol, Cholesterol, Glycerol, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.
- Before bathing, gently remove all tangles and mats on your pet’s coat.
- Use cold water to wet your pet’s fur from the neck down, avoiding the eyes and inside of ears.
- Place a small amount of shampoo on your hands and gently massage onto areas of the body with skin irritation or other problems.
- Massage shampoo on the remainder of your pet’s body, leaving the head and ears. Ensure the shampoo reaches the skin.
- Leave the shampoo on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water until the water runs clear.
Important: When using the Douxo Calm Shampoo, avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly, and consult your veterinarian. If irritation occurs or increases, stop using and consult your veterinarian.