Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Feline
If your cat tends to experience urinary complications, they may also gain weight as a result. Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Feline dry food is a complete diet that helps to manage the nutrition of overweight cats suffering from a lower urinary tract disease.
Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Feline is recommended for adult cats with a tendency to be overweight in cases of:
- Struvite uroliths: dissolution and management of recurrence
- Calcium oxalate uroliths: management of recurrence
However, be cautious and do not feed Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Feline in cases of:
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Heart disease (when sodium restriction is sought)
- Concurrent use of urine-acidifying medication.
Moreover, do not feed Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Feline dry food to growing, pregnant, or lactating cats.
Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Feline key benefits:
- Urine dilution: the Royal Canin Urinary formula for cats helps dilute your cat's urine. Therefore, this will make it less liable to form struvite and calcium oxalate uroliths.
- Struvite dissolution: in case of occurrence of struvite uroliths, this formula helps on their dissolution.
- Lower ion concentration: this formula also helps decrease the concentration of ions responsible for crystal formation.
- Moderate calorie: Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Feline contains a moderate calorie content to maintain an ideal weight.
- Protecting the bladder mucosa: the Royal Canin Urinary SO Feline formula also contains Glycosaminoglycans (GAG). GAGs are a natural part of the bladder mucosa that protect against bacteria and toxins.
Important: Always talk to your vet prior to the administration of Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie Feline dry food and follow their recommendations.
Rice, dehydrated poultry protein, wheat gluten**, maize flour, vegetable fibers, maize gluten, hydrolyzed animal proteins, minerals, animal fats, fish oil, soya oil, fructooligosaccharides, marigold extract (source of lutein). **L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high digestibility. Vitamin A: 21500 IU, Vitamin D3: 800 IU, E1 (Iron): 35 mg, E2 (Iodine): 3.5 mg, E4 (Copper): 11 mg, E5 (Manganese): 46 mg, E6 (Zinc): 134 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.06 mg, Urine acidifying substances: calcium sulphate (1.3%). Preservatives, Antioxidants.