Royal Canin Renal Special Feline
Unfortunately, with age, many cats may suffer from renal complications. Royal Canin Renal Special Feline is a complete feed specially designed to support healthy kidney function.
Urinary tract disease can lead to urinary stones or uroliths (including struvite and calcium oxalate). Royal Canin Renal Special Feline dry food is recommended for:
- Adult cats suffering from azotaemic chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Adult cats suffering from chronic kidney disease with proteinuria
- Management of calcium oxalate urolith recurrence in cats with impaired renal function
- Prevention of recurrence of urolithiasis requiring urine alkalinization (urate and cystine uroliths)
Sneak-peek of Royal Canin Renal Special Feline:
- Renal health: Royal Canin Renal Special cat food contains omega-3 fatty acids like Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). They contribute to lower pressure on critical kidney structures and help improve the glomerular filtration rate.
- Low phosphorus levels: during CKD, phosphorus is no longer eliminated effectively by the kidneys. Therefore, a restriction in phosphorus intake is essential to slow down the development of renal diseases.
- High-quality protein content: Increased kidney workload may induce a uremic crisis. The adapted content of high-quality protein of this formula helps reduce kidney workload.
- Metabolic equilibrium: CKD can lead to metabolic acidosis. Formulated with alkalinizing agents, Royal Canin Renal Special Feline will help maintain a healthy acid-base balance in the kidneys.
- Kibble with high energy: the Royal Canin Renal Special cat kibble offers optimal palatability and aromatic profile, stimulating your cat’s appetite. This is particularly crucial in cases of food aversion, which are common in cats with CKD. Moreover, the adapted energy content helps to cover daily energy requirements, reducing meal volume while supporting a reduced appetite.
Important: Always talk to your vet prior to the administration of Royal Canin Renal Special Feline and follow their recommendations.
Be cautious, and do not feed Royal Canin Renal Special Feline to your growing, pregnant, or lactating cat.
Maize flour, rice, dehydrated pork protein**, animal fats, maize gluten, vegetable fibers, maize, hydrolyzed animal proteins, minerals, wheat gluten**, chicory pulp, fish oil, soy oil, mono- and diglycerides of palmitic and stearic acids esterified with citric acid, psyllium husks, and seeds, fructooligosaccharides, marigold extract (source of lutein). Protein sources: dehydrated pork protein**, maize gluten, hydrolyzed animal proteins, wheat gluten**. ** L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high digestibility. Vitamin A: 22500 IU, Vitamin D3: 800 IU, Iron (3b103): 47mg, Iodine (3b201, 3b202): 4.7mg, Copper (3b405, 3b406): 15mg, Manganese (3b502, 3b504): 61mg, Zinc (3b603, 3b605, 3b606): 147mg, Selenium (3b801, 3b811, 3b812): 0.08mg, Technological additives: Clinoptilolite of sedimentary origin: 10g,,Preservatives, Antioxidants. *** Values reflect only levels added to the formula, not those naturally occurring in components of the diet.