Royal Canin Renal Liquid will aid the recovery of your doggo from renal insufficiency, helping to restore their health and vitality.
Royal Canin Renal Liquid is recommended for adult dogs who suffer from renal complications, such as acute renal disease (ARD), chronic kidney disease (CKD), and hepatic encephalopathy.
Its liquid formula with adapted viscosity is perfect for an easy tube feeding, whatever the tube size. The bottle has a specially designed cap to facilitate the use of a tube feed.
Why should you include Royal Canin Renal Liquid in your dog’s diet?
- Royal Canin Renal Liquid has a formula developed for the nutritional support of dogs with kidney failure, thanks to the incorporation of high-quality protein and restricted phosphorus levels to support kidney function.
- Since omega-3 fatty acids may lower pressure in critical kidney structures, this formula contains Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA).
- Royal Canin Renal Support Liquid also includes in its composition a complex of antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals. This will help reduce and prevent health complications derived from oxidative stress.
- Its very high energy density helps to cover the daily energy requirements in a small volume of food.
Composition: Milk low lactose**, maltodextrin, vegetable oils, calcium caseinate**, minerals, fish oil, mono and diglyceride of fatty acids, marigold extract (source of lutein). **Source of protein
Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 6700 IU, Vitamin D3: 220 IU, E1 (Iron): 40mg, E2 (Iodine): 1mg, E4 (Copper): 4mg, E5 (Manganese): 3mg, E6 (Zinc): 63mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.2mg. Values reflect only levels added to the formula, not those naturally occurring in components of the diet.
See the instructions table on bottles. Oral route only. Water should be available at all times. Store in a cool, dry place. Sedimentation may occur, which is normal and does not affect the quality of the product. After opening, keep refrigerated and use within 48h. Batch number and best before date: see information on packaging.
- For confined dogs in cages: it’s advisable to meet the energy needs at rest (ENR), according to the formula ENR (in kcal/day) = 70x (body weight in kg) 0.75.
The amount of food should be re-evaluated according to the clinical evolution of the pet.
- In the case of anorexia: it is recommended the following nutritional plan:
- If anorexia < 3 days: plan to achieve ENR in three days. Day 1: 1/3 of requirements; day 2: 2/3 of requirements; day 3: total requirements.
- If anorexia ≥ 3 days: plan to achieve ENR in 5 days. Day 1: 1/4 of requirements; day 2: 1/2 of requirements; day 3: 2/3 of requirements; day 4: 3/4 of requirements; day 5: total requirements.
It is recommended to divide the daily dose into several small meals.
Important: Always talk to your vet prior to the administration of Royal Canin Renal Liquid and follow their recommendations.
Be cautious on the administration of Royal Canin Renal Liquid for some health conditions, since it’s not recommended for pancreatitis or history of pancreatitis, hyperlipidemia, and for growing, pregnant, and lactating dogs.