If your cat suffers from liver complications, Royal Canin Hepatic Feline is a fundamental and complete diet, formulated to support liver function.
Royal Canin Hepatic Feline is recommended for adult cats with:
- Cholangitis/Cholangiohepatitis associated with liver dysfunction
- Port-systemic shunt
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Copper storage disease
However, be cautious and do not feed Royal Canin Hepatic Feline in cases of hyperlipidemia, or hepatic lipidosis without hepatic encephalopathy.
Moreover, do not feed this diet to growing, pregnant, or lactating cats.
Royal Canin Hepatic Feline key benefits:
- High energy content: the increased energy density of Royal Canin Hepatic Feline helps to provide daily energy requirements in a reduced feeding volume. Therefore, this will support your cat’s digestive health without overloading their digestive system.
- High protein level: to help maintain development during recovery, this formula has an increased content of high-quality proteins.
- Tasty even for fussy cats: its high palatability promotes nutrient intake even in cats with reduced appetite or who are naturally fussy about food.
- Reduced copper content: the lower copper levels in this formula will help reduce copper retention in the liver cells.
- Antioxidant protection: the synergistic antioxidant complex (Vitamin C, Vitamin E, lutein, and taurine) reduces oxidative stress by helping neutralize free radicals. This will help reduce and prevent health complications derived from oxidative stress.
- Easy to feed: the texture of Royal Canine Hepatic cat food allows the administration by tube feed.
Important: Always talk to your vet prior to the administration of Royal Canin Hepatic Feline and follow their recommendations.
Vitamin A: 15500 IU, Vitamin D3: 800 IU, Iron (3b103): 118mg, Iodine (3b201, 3b202): 5.7mg, Manganese (3b502, 3b504): 55mg, Zinc (3b603, 3b605, 3b606): 149mg, Selenium (3b801, 3b811, 3b812): 0.39mg. Technological additives: Clinoptilolite of sedimentary origin: 10g, Preservatives, Antioxidants. Rice, animal fats, maize, wheat gluten, dehydrated pork protein, maize gluten, vegetable fibers, hydrolyzed poultry liver, minerals, chicory pulp, fish oil, soy oil, fructooligosaccharides, hydrolyzed yeast (source of mannooligosaccharides), marigold extract (source of lutein). Source of proteins: dehydrated pork protein, maize gluten, wheat gluten, hydrolyzed poultry liver.