Douxo Calm Shampoo 200 ml (Allergies)
DOUXO is the #1 non-prescription topical brand used and recommended by U.S. veterinarians for dogs & cats with allergic dermatitis.
DOUXO Calm Shampoo for the management of pruritus and inflammation associated with allergic conditions. It is soap-free, and contains highly purified fractions of oatmeal, plant extracts, and lipids to help soothe irritations, moisturize, and help restore the skin lipid content.
DOUXO Calm Shampoo also contains Phytosphingosine, a pro-ceramide to help rebuild the natural ceramides in the skin that are critical in helping keep the skin healthy.
If you have difficulty bathing your pet, DOUXO Calm Shampoo can be used alongside DOUXO Calm Mousse or DOUXO Calm Micro-emulsion Spray.
DOUXO Calm Shampoo is clinically proven to reduce the signs of atopic dermatitis in dogs by 45.3% within 20 days.2
DOUXO Calm Shampoo is clinically proven to reduce pruritus (itching) in atopic dermatitis in dogs by 51.9% within 20 days (as reported by pet owners).
- This shampoo is a soap-free, low-lather product. Do not over-apply.
- Before bathing, gently remove all tangles and mats.
- Use cool water to wet your pet’s fur from the neck down avoiding the eyes and inside of ears.
- Place a small amount of shampoo on your hands and gently massage onto areas of the body with skin abnormalities.
- Next, massage shampoo on the remainder of the body, sparing the head and ears. Ensure shampoo reaches the skin.
- Leave the shampoo on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water until the water runs clear.
Cautions: For external use on dogs and cats only. Avoid contact with the eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly and consult your veterinarian. If irritation occurs or increases, discontinue use and consult with your veterinarian.
- Phytosphingosine HCl 0.05% (PS): found naturally in the stratum corneum and some skin ceramides. PS applied topically can help restore the skin barrier, and it also has antibacterial properties.
- Pseudofilaggrin (Saccharomyces cerevisiae extract): glutamine-rich synthetic peptide that increases the ability of the skin to retain water.
- Avenanthramides (avena sativa (oat) kernel extract): a highly purified fraction of oatmeal extract that is rich in antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- SK-influx V: a combination of phytosphingosine, ceramides 1, 3, & 6, cholesterol, and free fatty acids to moisturize and help restore the protective barrier of the skin.
- Fragrance-free for very sensitive skins.
- DOUXO products do not contain paraben.